Sunday, October 21, 2007

Czech Republic, you've taught me that…


Me in Prague.

I'm a city girl at heart.


French patisseries aside, Czechs make bad desserts. But I'll eat them anyway.

You might make good beer, but I still prefer wine.

It can be really cold in October.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

I can handle being alone for a long period of time.

You shouldn't get attached to your bed.

Old Czech grandmas like to speak with me--in Czech. Nodding and smiling gets you by.

Plain yogurt and granola with a ham sandwich is a really good breakfast.

Good signage and Lonely Planet guide maps are a tourist's best friend.

There's something really nice about a tea bowl.

There are places on earth where there are miles and miles of short green grass.

Czech men seem kind of shy, but when they are drunk, they like to yell in the streets.

Sometimes you have to get off the train and get on a bus.

I really dig art nouveau.

Your language sounds like Polish, but when I speak Polish you don't understand a word I say.

I am the same person in the Czech Republic as I am anywhere else.

Two weeks can feel like two years.

I enjoyed our time together, but I think it is time to move on. It's not you, it's me. You're really great, I really mean it, but if I stay in your country any longer, I might die because none of you Czech people will talk to me unless you work at a restaurant, a hotel or a train station. And death is not an option because there is just so much more I need to see right now and things I need to be talking about. I think we can still be friends. Peace out, CR!


Hey, Czech man! What are you looking at? I said good-bye already!

1 comment:

Annette said...

it was the right thing to do.