Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Commie Bastards, Pt. 2


Stalin's boots, as seen through the museum entrance (the rest of him was torn down in 1956).


"I am the Walrus!"


This guy is 25 feet tall, and used to be visible from all parts of Budapest.


The "interactive" part of the museum. I made Yvonne take my picture in this old Trabant, a cheaply made East German car of the people. We still see a lot of these on the streets here. They're not bad looking from the outside. Could use a little more headroom though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Trabants... they're famous all over Europe. A funny and interesting fact about this car is that some of the interior is build from cardboard paper, so the car itself is very light. When I was a kid, three of my friends at the time actually lifted one and moved it a few feet away because the car was in the way of our dodge ball game!